[pdftex] Alternatives to emp.sty?

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Wed Nov 20 02:56:50 CET 2002

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de>:

[snip]
> If you say
>
> beginfig(-1);
>
> then the extension of your output file will be "ps".

That's useful -- I didn't know that. But will pdftex know that this is
the MetaPost kind of PostScript?

Anyway, with emp, the beginfig/endfigs are all implicit anyway, so I
don't have this option.

> I don't know emp.sty, where does it come from?  Sounds interesting.

emp is short for Encapsulated MetaPost. The package is written by
Thorsten Ohl -- some docs are available here:

  http://tex.loria.fr/prod-graph/ohl97emp.pdf

It's very close to what I want, but perhaps not quite it...

--
Magnus Lie Hetland        Practical Python          The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org        http://ppython.com        http://anygui.org