[pdftex] naive question regarding concatenating pdfs

Donald Ball dball at rhoworld.com
Thu Nov 21 16:48:30 CET 2002

On 11/21/2002 at 10:31 PM Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>    >[...]
>
>    > This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13d-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.1) Sorry, I
>    > can't find the format `cont-en.efmt'; will try `context.efmt'.
>    > I can't find the format file `context.efmt'!
>
>Probably you have to run "texconfig formats" and uncomment the
>corresponding lines.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, when I run texconfig formats,
it screws up my terminal settings and appears to have no other effect. I
have to run the 'reset' command to restore my terminal to usability.

This is using the tetex rpms from Mandrake. I tried installing from source
- make worked fine, but make install died partway through, and also screwed
up my terminal settings in the same way that texconfig does.

Any clues?

- donald