[pdftex] Pre-compiled 16-bit DOS binaries?

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at fptnet.com.vn
Mon Nov 11 22:12:14 CET 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 06:31:27PM +0100, G. D. Brettschneider wrote:
> There are no pre-compiled binaries for old 16-bit DOS
> (I mean: pdf(e)tex.exe, pdf(e)tex.poo, ttf2afm.exe, afm2tfm.exe)
> on the web ... are there?

I can't understand why one can still need them, however it should not be
too hard to build them on linux using djgpp cross compiler as following:

RANLIB=true \
AR=dos-ar \
CC=dos-gcc \
CXX=dos-gcc \
configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
make

Please ask someone else to do that -- I don't have fast internet access to
download djgpp (and to upload the binaries).

HTH,
Thanh