[pdftex] Pdftex and cmap tables

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed Nov 6 13:07:01 CET 2002

Le mercredi 6 novembre 2002 à 12:50:38, Jean-Christophe Dubacq écrivit :

>> cmap tables of a ttf font can be written to a file using ttf2afm. I don't
>> remember the options, but running ttf2afm without arguments should write a
>> list of avail. options.

JCD> In fact, I am making quite a few patches for ttf2tfm, which is a more
JCD> straightforward way. Trouble is for fonts that do not have a post table
JCD> (such as Arialuni.ttf), and thus cannot be used by pdftex right now.

more straightforward doesn't mean better...

For people who rely on doing smart things with fonts, a text file with
full glyph names is much better than a TFM (I'm OK with PL, but I prefer
AFM, as more info is kept like side-bearings).

--
 Thierry Bouche