[pdftex] Problems with pdftex.map

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Sat May 11 20:47:42 CEST 2002

Le samedi 11 mai 2002, à 19:22:39, Thomas Esser écrivit :

>> AH> or will it work with the dvips —> ps
>> AH> route?
>>
>> No.

TE> Well, someone might read this as "dvips has the same bug". Is this really
TE> what you want to say?

I was just saying that the .map examples I posted were using pdftex
syntax only. AFAIK, dvips doesn't open the PFB files, it needs the
correct PS FontName in the .map, and also needs the ReEncodeFont
incantation. But... I'm not as familiar with recent versions of dvips
(using writet1 from pdftex?) as with the old ones; in fact I only use
pdftex for serious works since years!

TE> dvips was just recently fixed for including one
TE> font with several encodings. Is there still something broken?

Can't comment on this.

--
Cordialement,
 Thierry