[pdftex] landscape problem

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 26 23:10:42 CEST 2002

> I'm using teTex and pdflatex. Writing
>
> \documentclass[landscape]{slides}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{slide}
> [...]
>
> and creating a pdf output by pdflatex, I got a pdf file that is _not_
> landscape but portrait. Is it a bug in pdflatex or should I use a switch?

\documentclass{slides}
% note: i've added a4paper, too, since you're posting from a german account
\usepackage[landscape,a4paper,pdftex]{geometry}
\begin{document}
\begin{slide}

this is *not* a bug in pdftex or in the standard classes (which were
written before pdftex was even started), so don't bother reporting it
to anyone.

it is, however, an infelicity, which is under discussion on the latex
3 mailing list as a possible area of functionality that will need to
be improved for a new version of latex.