[pdftex] thumbpdf

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 14 19:50:22 CEST 2002

On 14 Jun 2002, Kester Clegg wrote:

> I seem to be having odd results with thumbpdf.  Unless I force the
> resolution up e.g.
>
> thumbpdf -res 9.1 ProductLineSourceCodeIssues
>
> I don't get to see large thumbnail images (small ones work fine) in
> acrobat (5 for linux) in the final pdf file.

What you are seeing?

> Making the res 9.1 instead
> of 9 gives me a warning about the thumbnails exceeding recommended size,
> however, then they become visible.

I cannot see an effect with 9.1/9 on AR5/Linux.
Only if i decrease the resolution drastically (eg. 4), then
the larger thumbnails will become smaller.

> Has anyone else experience this?  I run the file though pdflatex as
> usual after the thumbnails have been generated.  Can it cause problems
> if I use a thumbnail of a height of 107 instead of 106?

You can increase the resolution and ignore the warning of
thumbpdf.

Can anyone give me a pointer to a specification of
thumbnail behaviour of AR5? Especially, which
resolution/sizes should be used. I have not found anything
about this in the PDFReference of version 1.4.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>