[pdftex] Some questions about embedding fonts

Daniel Garcia danitous at yahoo.es
Sat Aug 10 05:59:25 CEST 2002

These questions are just for my curiosity.

When I include two pdf images that have the same
fonts, Are two copies of the fonts stored in the
pdffile?, If that is the case, can they interfere and
cause problems.

When I open a pdffile, Why do I see sometimes two
times the same font? Is it because there are two
versions of the same font in the pdffile.

Sometimes acrobat don't tell which version of a font
has been used, is it possible that the pdfTeX include
fonts that are not used in the pdfFile.

Thank you

Daniel