[pdftex] Problem file for Acrobat 5.0

James Foster J.Foster at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Apr 23 12:17:59 CEST 2002

The file at
http://www.maths.sussex.ac.uk/Staff/JF/UKTUG/problem.pdf
causes Acrobat Reader 5.0 (as installed on Sussex University's Windows
network) to crash. I can't access the log file that AR says it has
written, so I don't know what the problem is.

Some relevant facts:
- it views OK using AR3 and gsview (Windows), also with xpdf, AR4, gv
and kde viewer (Linux);
- the file was produced using pdflatex (Linux) and CM type 1 fonts from
TL6; similar files produced using TL5 aren't a problem;
- there is no problem if I change from CM fonts to tx fonts.

Is there some mismatch between AR5 and the CM fonts on TL6?

James

Dr James Foster                  mailto:j.foster at sussex.ac.uk
School of Mathematical Sciences  http://www.maths.sussex.ac.uk/Staff/JF/
University of Sussex             Tel: +44 (0)1273 678781
Falmer, BRIGHTON  BN1 9QH, UK    Fax: +44 (0)1273 678097