[pdftex] pdftex installation on aix4

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 9 17:17:48 CEST 2002

> At 03:36 PM 4/9/2002 +0200, Luca Bortot wrote:
> >is teTeX a wise choice? It looks to me that it is no longer supported, but
> >at ctan.org it is still suggested as best choice.
> >Are there (still for aix/rs6000) better implementations?
>
> you must be joking, tetex is the de factor standard unix distribution, so
> if it was not longer supported the tex community would be in big troubles;
> if you go to the tug home page you will find tex live links, which has
> recent tetex stuff in it

actually, the current beta of tetex (ctan systems/unix/teTeX-beta) is
more recent still than tex-live.  the beta is still some way away from
release, but i'm using it quite happily and find it pretty stable.

(i haven't yet upgraded to the beta version released just before i
went on holiday, mind you.)