[pdftex] hyperref and hyphenation problems

E GCP egcp at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 21:28:54 CEST 2001

Hi!

When I use hyperref my bibtex references do not get hyphenated except at the
year. For example, in Kucharik et al.,1999 the break to the next line
happens after the ".," and that leaves "al.," hanging outside the margin.
Whereas, if I don't use hyperref the break happens correctly after "et".
Likewise, lastnames in the bibtex citations are not allowed to be
hyphenated, leaving the names outside of the right margin.

Hyperref is a great package, but this is a big problem.

\usepackage[pdftex,pdftitle={Dissertation},linktocpage,letterpaper,pagebackref,colorlinks=true,pdfpagelabels]{hyperref}

pdfTeX version 3.14159-14h-released-20010417 (Web2C 7.3.3.1)
hyperref 2000/01/22 v6.69c Hypertext links for LaTeX

Thanks,
Enrique