[pdftex] screenshots into PDF

Pavel Janík Pavel at Janik.cz
Thu Oct 4 19:49:53 CEST 2001

   From: Allin Cottrell <cottrell at wfu.edu>
   Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:54:24 -0400 (EDT)

   > > > If I snag a shot to PNG (using "import", xv or
   > > > whatever), then view the PNG on screen it appears exactly the same
   > > > size as the original window, but when it's included in a PDF file it
   > > > appears larger (and overrruns the margins).  I'm puzzled, because the
   > > > screen resolution is 72x72 and my understanding is that that's also
   > > > the default resolution for PNGs saved by, e.g., import.
   > >
   > > You can try to set \pdfimageresolution.
   >
   > Thanks, setting that to a higher value did excatly what I wanted.

OK, when we are it: I'm working on slide presentation in PDF and would like
to show some screenshots in full screen mode. How can I insert them? I will
present my slides on 1024x768 data projector, screenshot (e.g. small xterm)
itself is taken via import from ImageMagick. PDF document starts with:

\pdfpageheight=210mm
\pdfpagewidth=297mm

(this can be changed) and is presented with /PageMode equal to
/FullScreen. Xterm itself (any screenshot) is rasterred badly and sometimes
you do not know, what it should show... Is there any way to solve this
without reimplementing acroread or taking a two day vacation for trying
possible values for width and height? ;-)

Please CC: me when answering.
--
Pavel Janík

This doesn't mean you should mix false(1) and true(1) editors.
                  -- Ole Aamot in alt.religion.emacs