[pdftex] xfig -> pdftex/pdftex_t -> pdf

Joseph Maher maher at math.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 16 16:51:05 CET 2001

> > However, is it be possible to alter pdflatex so that it recognises
> >  .pdftex as a valid ending for a pdf file?
>
> yes see the documentation of \DeclareGraphicsRule in the documentation
> of the graphics package.

Actually, I'm still confused. If I take the following file:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\DeclareGraphicsRule{.pdftex}{.pdf}{*}{}

\begin{document}

\begin{figure}[h]
\input{picture.pdftex_t}
\end{figure}

\end{document}

and compile it with pfdlatex, I get the following error:

) (picture.pdftex_t

! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in picture.pdftex (no
BoundingB
ox).

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.2 \includegraphics{picture.pdftex}
                                    %

Shouldn't pdflatex be using the pdf driver to find the size of the
picture? (picture.fig is the original fig file, and was used to produce
picture.pdftex_t and picture.pdftex).

If I copy picture.pdftex to picture.pdf and use

\includegraphics{picture.pdf}

then it embeds the picture, so it does appear to contain the size info.

Joseph