[pdftex] Problems with "index" + "hyperref"

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Thu May 17 08:24:37 CEST 2001

At 21:15 16.05.2001 +0100, Byoungjo CHOI wrote:

>Despite somewhat out-of-date teTeX package which came with
>RedHat 6.2, I am using the latest "pdfTeX", "hyperref" and "index",
>at least I think so, since I updated these packages within a month time.

No, this is wrong:

>> >This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1)

This is a version from the last century.

>Comparing "index.sty" and "hyperref.sty", it seems to me that
>"hyperref" may not yet work with "\index" command defined within "index.sty".

It is possible that there are bugs, but I am not willing
to spend my time for debugging and analyzing bugs that
are already solved.

>> You are using old versions, so I assume that hyperref
>> is also old. Therefore try an uptodate hyperref first:
>>   http://www.tug.org/applications/hyperref/hyperref.zip
>> If this also fails, then your chance getting an answer that
>> will help increases with a minimal (!) TeX file.

A bug report includes a minimal test file to show the
relevant part of the problem, stripped by any other
unnecessary things and includes the information
about the used versions (hyperref, index, ...).

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>