[pdftex] Problems finding installation version of pdftex on windows

Georg v. Tardy Georg at Tardy.de
Wed May 9 19:45:47 CEST 2001

hi,

this mail concerns a windows installation of pdftex.

now (after 2 days) I give up and bother you with this question:

I do not get pdftex properly installed. All installation instructions I found are base on files I don't find.

This is what I got: a running version of miktex.

pdftex-djgpp-20010417.zip
(from ftp://ftp.muni.cz/pub/tex/local/cstug/thanh/pdftex/snapshots/20010417/)

pdftexlib.zip (containing the texmf tree)

the file texmf.cnf was found somwhere in the net, but not matching, so i had to insert the lines where
the tex-pool and the texmf.cfg are found. then I was asked to increase the pool_size, what i did. now
the generation of pdftex.fmt fails, as the file plain is not found

(using pdftex -ini -fmt=pdftex plain \dump)

where can I find a complete version of pdf-tex and a matching installation-instruction.

thanks a lot in advance

georg