[pdftex] tex2pdf (former lyx2pdf) new versions !!!

Steffen Evers forevers at gmx.de
Sun Mar 11 04:21:12 CET 2001

Hello everyone,

after several month break I was driven to continue the development of tex2pdf by
a lot of thankful feedback and patches. I stopped my work because I thought that
the script is no longer demanded because of LyX' built-in PDF export, but than I
realized that LyX is only calling pdflatex which tex2pdf does as well. The image
translation, etc. has to be done manually without tex2pdf. So, it is still
usefull!

Stable version: lyx2pdf 1.8
Development version: tex2pdf 2.0 beta 2

The beta should work properly as well!!

Highlights:
* (tex2pdf) works with LyX and LaTeX files as input
* supports thumbpdf to generate thumbnails of all pages
* parses included LaTeX files for images
* support for pstex_t files with included EPS image
* parameter section to adjust to your personel flavor
* bibtex support

I have opened a project at BerliOS to make life easier. Have a look if you like:
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/tex2pdf/

There are two mailing lists at BerliOS as well: