[pdftex] Pdflatex and seminar

Martin Reed mjreed at essex.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 15:43:28 CET 2001

Hi,

I am trying to use pdflatex with seminar but am having problems with it.
I guess this must be a common problem, but I cannot find any searchable
verion of the tug mail lists, is there one?

My problem is that the slides appear as landscape but small on a mostly
empty a4 portrait page.

I have tried setting the slide/paper sizes with commands like:
\def\paperwidth{210mm}
\def\paperheight{297mm}
\input sem-page.sty
\slidewidth 222mm
\slideheight 152mm

in seminar.con as described in seminar documentation and have tried
various combinations of paper/slide sizes. However, the end effect seems
to be that slides either appears only half on the paper or with lots of
white space. Is there an answer to this?

I am using:
pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159-0.13d
and seminar from tetex 1.0.6-7

Martin.

PS I have tried vtex/free on Linux, and it works but is slow as it
always has to convert eps graphics each time (i know there is a draft
mode but...). So I would really like to use pdflatex which is also open
source.

--
/ Dr. M.J. Reed                               Room:          4SB.6.15 \
| Dept. Electronic Systems Engineering         Tel:+44 (0)1206 872479 |