[pdftex] epstopdf is rendering the first character as type 3 font...

Tom Kacvinsky tjk at ams.org
Wed Jun 27 16:23:08 CEST 2001

Is your epstopdf using GhostScript, or Distiller?  Do you happen to know if
the Tx operator as defined by Illustrator is using kshow (or another show
variant)?  If so, you might have run into a bug with Ghostscript.  Go to
the Ghostscript page on sourceforge and look at bugs related to kshow and
friends.  I think you will find your answer there...

Tom