[pdftex] Music for pdfTeX?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Wed Jun 27 18:47:07 CEST 2001

Hi!

I'm chickening out, and asking for help before even
trying... But I hope that it may save me a lot of
grief if someone has done this before.

Basically, I want to typeset some simple (monophonic)
music in pdfLaTeX, and am wondering how to do that.

I have looked at MusiXTeX, which looks wonderful,
but I fear installing it and using the fonts with
pdfLaTeX may be painful... Am i wrong? Has anyone
else done it? Are there other packages/fonts etc.
that are easier to use? (Or other music-generating
tools for that matter ... for metapost or something?)

Thanks for any help.

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland         http://www.hetland.org

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
  it, doesn't go away."           -- Philip K. Dick