[pdftex] pdfTeX at the TUG 2001 conference in Delaware

Wendy McKay wgm at cds.caltech.edu
Wed Jun 20 19:17:37 CEST 2001

Whilst I have your attention, with the last big big faux-pas,
I would like to invite you all to come to the TUG 2001
meeting in Delaware, August 12-16, 2001.

Come and meet Han The Thanh---our pdfTeX wizard, Hans Hagen,
Ross Moore, Don Story, and other renowned gurus in the TeX field,
and help Thanh celebrate the milestones achieved with pdfTeX.

You can have a wonderful time together trying to solve all the
pdfTeX headaches (especially with png!) and I promise
not to ask any more questions on images! ;-)
We would like you to  participate and take a break from the
screen and meet the pdfTeXperts. I won't be mad if you all come
and have a good time, share your expertise, and enlighten and
enliven us.

There will be a pdfTeX panel discussion and several pdfTeX
presentations,  amongst other interesting things TeX.

Hope to see you there!
//wendy at tug.org

Here is the official invitation:
*************************0000000000000000000************************
ANNOUNCEMENT:     HEADS UP - *TUG 2001: A TeX Odyssey*

Ahoy!  Greetings one and all.

The TUG 2001 committee would like to invite you to attend
the 22nd Annual Meeting and Conference, "TUG 2001: A TeX Odyssey,"
at the University of Delaware, Newark, DE, USA, August 12-16, 2001.
Check http://www.tug.org/tug2001/ for the latest updates and travel
information. (Closest airports: PHL, BWI)

Come and join in the discussions at the meeting and hear some
talks on interesting new developments.

Register early!
June 22nd is the (extended) deadline for early bird registrations.
(Members Early $325; Members (after June 22) $350; Non-members $425)

Briefly, the program outline is:
August 12 Sunday	  Welcome Reception (Embassy Suites Hotel)
August 13 Monday          A TeX Odyssey
August 14 Tuesday         PDF and XML
August 15 Wednesday	  More PDF, Graphics and Web,
      ...                 Banquet (The Arsenal at Old Newcastle)
August 16 Thursday	  Fonts and Tools

There will be panel discussions on the current hot issues of pdfTeX
and TeX_Fonts/Adobe_Products. Details of the program will follow soon.

We recommend accommodation at the *Embassy Suites* or the *Sleep Inn*
http://www.tug.org/tug2001/accommodation.html
from where transportation will be provided direct to the Clayton Hall
Conference Center.

Copies (B&W or color) of the conference announcement are available at
http://www.tug.org/tug2001/announcement.html.  We would very much
appreciate your posting it in your department, if possible.

Do encourage all your TeX mates to come along too and meet in Delaware.
Looking forward to seeing you there!

The TUG 2001 Committee
tug2001 at tug.org