[pdftex] Re: tex2pdf 2.1 released -- appologies for my ignorance

Reuben Thomas rrt at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Tue Jun 12 17:16:17 CEST 2001

>  > Several people have informed me that pdftex _does_ do PDF
>  > bookmarking and suggested I check out some more recently releases.
> it has done for many years. your 13d should do it

>  > A simple "-version" on my RedHat 7.1 system reveals that I'm using
>  > "pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159-0.13d" which is part of RedHat's tetex
>  > 1.0.7-15 RPM.  I take it that is dated?
> yes. dont trust redhat an inch.

I don't understand this. First, RedHat is just repackaging tetex, they don't
choose the version of pdftex to ship. Secondly, it seems that RH is shipping
v0.13d, which is the same version you said should be fine above. What am I
missing?

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | Careful Cyclists Approaching From Right