[pdftex] Strange parameter in hypersetup

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jun 12 14:45:40 CEST 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Lutz Ihlenburg wrote:

> I would like to achieve that my PDF document opens with a certain page.
> \hypersetup{pdfstartpage = 33}
> functions well. However, it should not be #33 but the page, on which label VL6 is defined! Naively I wrote:
> pdfstartpage = {\pageref{VL6}}

I hope you have an uptodate hyperref. Then the following should work:

% All has to be done, _after_ the .aux file with the labels
% is read and _before_ hyperref uses the value of pdfstartpage.
    % initializise \StartPage with the first page
    % local assignment of pageref value to counter value
    % if undefined, \hypergetpageref returns zero and
    % prints a warning
    \ifnum\count0>0 %

\section{Hello World}
\section{Foo Bar}\label{VL6}