[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

rhowlett at mail.usyd.edu.au rhowlett at mail.usyd.edu.au
Mon Jun 4 15:42:55 CEST 2001

I think now the printing problem when one embeds the font file cmr10.pfb
entirely is somewhat unrelated to the problem with the hinted characters,
which may indeed be something to do with gaps in the Subrs array
when the font is subsetted. It seems that when I embed the font entirely
and then print to a ps printer from AR 5.0 (under Windows98), it's the
characters 0 to 31 that are missing. The others are OK, hinted and
unhinted alike. This is not what I thought I witnessed before -- I guess
I was mistaken (although that was on a different machine ...)

Bob