[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Y&Y Support support at YandY.com
Sun Jun 3 13:09:06 CEST 2001

At 11:35 2001-06-03 -0400, Tom Kacvinsky wrote:

>I tend to think that the problem is with how Acrobat writes out the PS
>code that
>goes to the printer.  Obviously, the font renderer in Acrobat has no problems
>with gaps in the Subrs array, because the glyphs get rendered just fine on
>screen.
>
>The more interesting thing to see right now is the PS code emitted from
>Acrobat
>at print time, or information on the printer being used.  The reason for the
>latter is that if Acrobat sends the font to the PS file unaltered, the problem
>has to be with the printer's PS (or clone PS) interpreter.

Good point.  And what "PS" printer is it.

Remember e.g. that HP no longer
uses Adobe rasterizer, but their own "emulation" (which is remarkable
good for a clone, but nevertheless is known to have some obscure bugs).

Is it known whether this Acrobat 5 problem with pdfTeX output is
specific to HP PS printers?