[pdftex] screen frequency

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Fri Jun 1 11:58:46 CEST 2001

Hi.

I'm using the latest pdftex/fptex on win2k. Printing on a lexmark
postscript printer via AdobePS printer driver.

Unfortunately it's not possible to tell the driver which halftone
frequency to use.

I'm using a utility LazerPlus where I can improve halftone frequency
and grey levels (256 levels and up to 212 lpi with 1200 dpi!) on my
laser printer.

Finally my question:

How can I tell pdftex to include the numeric value for halftone
frequency (probably with \pdfliteral ?!) ? Or can I put somewhere the
postscript operator "setscreen"/"sethalftone" ?

Regards,
Ulrich Dirr

--
Art & Satz