[pdftex] LaTeX .toc file causes pdflatex crash?

Molly Weems weems at ship.saic.com
Wed Jul 25 12:06:49 CEST 2001

Many, many thanks to Sebastien and Heiko for your help.

>I would guess that you have not updated your hyperref package

You are correct. Hyperref had gotten overlooked in all the update madness.

>> Warning: pdflatex (file /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map): invalid entr
> change all those 850 entries to .850

I won't even ask what this means :-) but it worked.

>The standard answer is using hyperref option "plainpages=false".

This is a case of user error, I'm afraid. I had plainpages=false but had
forgotten to put the pesky little "," on the previous line so it wasn't
being read. Sigh.

> but this is a sign of some out of date files. you need a decent
>uptodate setup. Dare I suggest TeXLive? (www.tug.org/texlive)

Groan. I'll talk to the sysadmin about this. Update rev 6492, here we come.

Thanks so much. Now we're cooking with gas!

-- Molly Weems
   Technical Writer and Editor
   Ship Technology Division (Division 463)
   Annapolis, Maryland, USA