[pdftex] /pdfinfo {/Producer (foo)} not working

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Feb 22 10:52:31 CET 2001

At 10:20 AM 2/22/01 +0100, Martin Schröder wrote:
>On 2001-02-22 09:01:33 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> >If the order of statements were changed as by the patch the
>> >/Producer(pdfTeX) would still be included -- but _after_ any
>> >Producer key from the document, i.e. the document could override
>> >the key.
>>
>> But that is exactly what is not wanted, since pdftex is the producer. You
>> can always use the other fields to smuggle your name into the doc.
>
>:-{
>
>My company would like to hide the fact that we are using pdfTeX

incredible, then how is linux called in your company, and word, and times
roman, and ...

>from our customers (while I would like to announce it to them).

Well, tell your boss that it is hard coded. It is widely accepted that one
cannot change anything in ms binaries, so a manager should understand.
Also, you don't change font producer info either do you?

>Of course we could always produce a patched version...

Indeed. Or parse the pdf file with perl and change "pdftex" into "artcom'.

Hans

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl