[pdftex] PDFTeX, Metapost and Slideshows...

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Apr 28 12:10:47 CEST 2001

>     > How much of the magic is really done in xfig and how much in
>     > transfig?  transfig can be compiled for Windows and there is a
>
> xfig is the editor. It produces a simple ASCII file.  transfig
> converts this file to the output format you want.

true.  however, some recent instances of xfig have _required_ an
upgrade of transfig because they're talking a different language.

it's not clear to me whether transfig instances are typically backward
compatible: if not, there could be problems with transfig vs. the java
version of xfig that's been mentioned.