[pdftex] pdflatex error

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de
Thu Apr 12 21:02:49 CEST 2001

    > Hi,
    >> > Hi, is this the right forum to talk to if I discover bugs in
    >> > pdflatex?
    >>
    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> > [...]  > My problem is, that when I include pdffiles (A.pdf)
    >> using the > graphicx package sometimes the include produces
    >> garbage. Using
    >>
    >> What is the output of "pdftex -version"?
    >>

    > pdftex -version
    > pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159-0.13d

This one is quite old and it's better to upgrade to a newer release.

Nevertheless, I'm not able to display vglgrad-1.pdf in acroread 4.05.
I get the message:

      There was an error opening this document. The root object
      is missing or invalid.

When I try gv I get the following message from ghostscript:

     Error: /syntaxerror in readxref

vglgrad-1.pdf was produced by ghostscript 5.50.  I recommend to
upgrade to version 6.01 or 7.00, which produces much better pdf.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			               Phone: +49-511-751355
Berggartenstr. 9
D-30419 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de