page size / position

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Dec 2 09:24:52 CET 1998

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> > I fear that in the pdf(tex) environment mag does not make that much
> > sense anymore -)
> > if only because there are too many positiona/dimensional thing taken
> > care of outside the tex engine, i.e. in pdfliterals, images, annotations
> > etc.
>
> OK, but I have a page layout designed for a printed book, and I want
> to make the on-line version 20% larger (to fill an A4 page and make
> reader's life easier if they want to print it).  How do you suggest
> this should be done?  _I_ think pdftex should have a magnification
> parameter in pdftex.cfg and use true sizes for the page size, but that is not
> how I am able to do it.

Well, your macro package should do that. In context this is done by
saying

\setuplayout[scale=1.2]

A lot of those options that normally are taken care of by the dvi
postprocessor must now be taken care of by tex, like page imposition
(two up, multiple page per sheet), n*m copies per page, mirroring,
negatives, scaling, offsets, cropmarks, color bars etc etc. When I want
an A3 booklet, I just let TeX do the job (this is actually independant
of pdf).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma at wxs.nl