Shuffle pages

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Dec 1 13:25:08 CET 1998

SEAN CORMAC MC CARTHY SUAREZ wrote:

>     I'm running a small newsletter in Telecommunications &
> Electronics at my University, and I want to know if there is
> something like the "dvitodvi", "ps2ps" or "psbook" utilities to
> shuffle pages and rearrange them in such a way that they are ready to
> print in a booklet format directly in PDF instead of PS. Actually I
> would use LaTeX or TeX and dvips, then run it through pstops and/or
> psbook and finally use ghostscript to convert it to PDF. This way I
> would miss all the hyperref and other features that I get using
> pdftex, so I would have to do the work twice for diferent formats
> and different distributions...

There are plug ins availale for acrobat exchange that take care of this.

>     Any other ideas? I would thank you any help, or info on how to
> get done something like that in pdftex.

The fact that pdftex is the final stage (no postprocessing) is one ofthe
reasons why in context page imposition is a built in feature (things
like repeating pages, booklets, rotational things, 2/4/8/16 page per
sheet etc.) There is an article on that in the MAPS, of which to m
knowledge copies are still available at the NTG (dutch tex users
group).

>     Also we would like to publish an article about TeX and pdfTeX,
> but our knowledge about it is limited, so it would be great if
> somebody on the list is interested to write it (we will have to
> translate from English to Spanish but the author will remain the
> same) and give a push to the use of pdfTeX in my University.

The last few years I've written some things down, but if it is of use
depends on what you want to tell your users. Also in that MAPS (in
color).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma at wxs.nl