[OzTeX] OzTeX 6.0

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Fri Apr 18 05:03:33 CEST 2014

James Yeh:

> When I create a file, the Math Time fonts do not appear on the screen
> but  print on the paper.
> What could be missing?

You probably haven't installed the appropriate screen fonts.
If printing works then presumably you bought all the necessary fonts
from Y&Y, so you should have the screen fonts somewhere.

My memory is a bit hazy on this (the last time I installed the Y&Y
fonts was about 10 years ago!), but I think it's just a matter of
copying the screen fonts into ~/Library/Fonts/MathTime/
(and restarting OzTeX, and maybe your Mac?).

Hmm, maybe it isn't that simple.  In my ~/Library/Fonts/MathTime/
folder I have files like MTSY.sym.ttf.  These are TrueType fonts.
I vaguely remember creating those .ttf files by converting
Y&Y's PostScript fonts into TrueType fonts using the ps-to-ttf.pe
script in Extras/PStoTTF/, so you might need to do that.
Instructions are in Extras/PStoTTF/Read Me.

Andrew