[OzTeX] Installing OzTeX-6

kp.gores kp.gores at web.de
Thu Apr 11 09:33:34 CEST 2013

While Harriets answer allows you to use OzTeX, this allows forever any
application downloaded from anywhere to be opened. Which means giving up a
some security. So please reset the security settings  back after you _once_
launched OzTeX.

Before changing the security settings via system preferences you always
could disable them temporarily by opening the application _once_ with
Right-click (or control-click).  All of this can be found by googling for
the error message poste by James :-)

I prefer to open a new app downloaded from a save source by 1. launching it
the the usual way. 2. if that does not work, launch it with control to
temporarily allow unsigned applications. 3. if this doesnt work too, change
the security settings as described above, open it once, reset the settings.

Happy to see that OzTeX is still there -- used it mayn years ago under
system 7-9.

regards
kp

2013/4/11 Harriet Lord <hlord1 at me.com>

> James,
> I'm using Lion (10.7.5).
> I found the setting you need to change in the System Preferences.
> Choose <Security & Privacy> and select <General>. In the 2nd paragraph
> you'll see
> "Allow applications downloaded from:"
> Select "Anywhere".
>
> Harriet Lord
>

> On Apr 10, 2013, at 3:37 PM, James Yeh wrote:
>
> Dear OzTeX users.
>
> I downloaded OzTeX-6 from Safari to my computer which is operating under
> OSX Version 10.8.3 Mountain Lion.
> When I double-clicked the OzTeX ikon to launch the program, it did not
> launch and instead presented a dialog box
> with the following message:
>
> "OzTeX" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
> Your security preferences allow installation of only apps  from the  App
> Store and identified developers.
>
> What can be done to overcome this difficulty?I would appreciate your help.
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> James Yeh
>

>  Professor James Yeh
> Department of Mathematics