[OzTeX] Printing from OzTeX 5.2

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Wed Oct 7 03:24:23 CEST 2009

Rowland:

> Hmm - tried that, got the same again: flashing orange light on the
> printer, and a message from the printer utility's `Status' Web page
> saying:

> the Web page in question (refresh status, enter, or cancel job).

It sounds like your printer has been put into a state where it is
waiting for you to enter paper manually.  Are you sure the "Manual feed"
check box in the print dialog is NOT ticked?

If it isn't ticked then I'm mystified as to what is going wrong.
Please send me the output that appears in the OzTeX window after
you hit the dialog's Print button.

> Is there any way of arranging for two sided printing from OzTeX without
> having to select two-sided printing by default using the printer utility
> (aka the printer's built-in Web server for controlling such things).

One way is to create a config file that sets send_ps to this:

send_ps = "lpr -P your_printer_name -o sides=two-sided-long-edge"

Of course, that assumes you can get lpr to work!

> Something's a bit off somewhere - not very off, but a bit off.
> Something to do with the details of the PS being sent to the printer,
> I'd guess, but what?  I suppose I could get a book on PS and start
> learning, but before I do that, anyone got any more ideas?

I doubt it's a PostScript problem.  You might get some clues by reading
the CUPS documentation: http://127.0.0.1:631/sum.html

Good luck!
Andrew