[OzTeX] does OzTeX work on Leopard? (Update)

John Rawnsley j.rawnsley at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 18:39:25 CET 2008

Andrew,

On 18 Feb 2008, at 23:52, Andrew Trevorrow wrote:

> John Rawnsley wrote:
>
>> After using OzTeX for some time on Leopard and some discussions with
>> Fred Mayer about printing I should give an update on what is still
>> working for me and what is not. This does not seem to depend on
>> whether
>> the original 10.5 is running or the most recent 10.5.2.
>>
>> 1. Printing: Printing to postscript printers is fine. I have access
>> a couple of old Apple LaserWriters 4/600 PS and a Xerox Phaser 7300N
>> and OzTeX prints fine to them. Fred pointed out he was having
>> problems
>> printing to a non-postscript Epson EPL-5700i, and I have verified the
>> same error with my HP Laserjet 2300 which also does not have
>> postscript.
>> The printer driver returns a PMSessionPostScriptBegin error: -30879
>> and
>> OzTeX does not spool the document for printing.
>
> That error code means "the print session is invalid" but I've no idea
> why that would be the case (probably a bug in Leopard).
> PMSessionPostScriptBegin is only called if OzTeX's "Use Standard
> PostScript"
> option is ticked so try unticking it and see what happens.

I'm away from home and my printer at the moment, but the print spool
for my
non-postscript LaserJet is still set up on my MacBook Pro. I put the
spool
on Hold and made it the default printer. When I turned off "Use Standard
PostScript" I was able to print to the spool without the error message
appearing. Turning "Use Standard PostScript" back on causes the -30879
error to reappear.

John
--
  John Rawnsley * <http://go.warwick.ac.uk/jhrawnsley>