[OzTeX] editing pict files

Jay Yellen jyellen at Rollins.edu
Thu May 18 16:02:15 CEST 2006

Dear OzTex users:

I have several hundred pict files, originally created with MacDraw, that
I use to display figures depicting graphs (configurations of nodes and
lines). These figures are invoked by PlainTex source files, using OzTex.

Until I switched to OS X, I was able to use my ancient version of
MacDraw to create and to edit them and to then invoke them in the same
way as before. The size of these MacDraw-output pict files are in
usually in the 4K to 8K range. I'm told that these pict files are vector
picts, as opposed to bitmapped picts, which are much bigger files (I'm
not familiar with any of this stuff).
I can no longer use MacDraw, under OS X, and I'm hoping to find a way to
edit my old pict files as needed so that they remain as vector picts.
Appleworks doesn't seem to work. Someone suggested I try OmniGraffle
with the v4 upgrade.
Question 1: Have any of you been able to use OmniGraffle to open, edit,
and save old pict files in the vector format that works with OzTeX
PlainTeX?
Question 2: Have any of you been able to accomplish this task with any
other software?
Thanks in advance,
Jay Yellen