[OzTeX] mathtime fonts and pdflatex

Ken Pierce kpierce at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 30 19:03:35 CEST 2005

Greetings,

This evidently isn't a problem with OzTeX, but perhaps someone on the
list can help:

If I use the file below to create a pdf via OzTeX -> dvips -> ps2pdf,
the parentheses surrounding the fraction look as they do in the dvi
display -- that is, just fine.  If instead I create a pdf using
pdflatex, the parentheses are fat and ugly (when viewed in Adobe
Reader).

Presumably this is an issue with the way mathtime fonts behave, or
with Adobe quirks.  I'd welcome suggestions as to what's going on.
Thanks!

Ken

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{mathtime} % load mathtime