[OzTeX] printing with OzTeX 5.2

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Thu Jul 14 03:09:04 CEST 2005

> I've installed OzTeX 5.2 to Mac OS 9.0.4 from the CD.
> Thanks Andrew.  The CD is a wonderful publication.
>
> With an old OzTeX---4.* as I recall---on OS 7.6 my
> old Imagewriter made readable drafts.  On the current
> system, Imagewriter output is hardly legible.  Can
> anyone explain?  Is improvement possible?

Not sure what might be happening -- I've made very few changes to
OzTeX's non-PostScript printing code since version 4.
Check you are using the correct printing_mode and printing_resolution
settings in your Local file or Imagewriter config file or wherever.

> An attempt to print with an Epson Stylus 600 on the
> present OzTeX 5.2 on Mac OS 9.0.4 produces only this
> error message.
>
> Not enough memory for band pixmap.
>
> Is there a remedy?

Select the OzTeX app and use the Finder's Get Info item to
increase OzTeX's preferred memory -- bump it up until you no
longer see the above error (20MB should be enough).

Andrew