[OzTeX] TextWrangler is now freeware

Richard Chang chang at csee.umbc.edu
Thu Jan 27 17:50:51 CET 2005

At 10:46 AM +1100 01/19/05, Andrew Trevorrow wrote:
>Just thought I'd mention that BareBones have released TextWrangler as
>freeware (download from http://www.barebones.com).  Might be worth
>switching if you've been using BBEdit Lite.  I've had a quick look at
>TW and it seems very good; eg. it does syntax coloring of .tex files.
>I'd be interested to hear from other people how it stacks up against
>Alpha or BBEdit.

  Has anyone figured out if you can get TextWrangler to call OzTex and have
it tex the current file?

  Neither Unix filters or scripts seem to be the right thing. Filters work
on the selected text and scripts are just "commands" and don't work with
the current file.

  I suppose an AppleScript might be the way to go? It should check if the
frontmost window has been modified since the last save and then ask OzTeX
to compile it.

  Has anyone done this already?

Richard