[OzTeX] eps files not previewing properly

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Fri Jan 7 23:30:29 CET 2005

> I've had some unexpected behavior with eps files in latex documents. The eps files are created on a mac with Adobe illustrator 10.  For an eps file with no mac preview, OzTeX tries to create a temporary pdf file, but fails.  (convert_eps=1).
>
> Saving the eps file with unix linebreaks doesn't alter this behavior. But if the file has unix linebreaks, I _can_ use epstopdf or oz-epstopdf directly on the file without error.

Puzzling!  If you can successfully run oz-epstopdf from the Terminal command
line then OzTeX should be able to call it.

Probably best to send me one of your (smallest) eps files in a .sit or .zip
archive so I can try it out on my system.

Unfortunately I'm just about to leave on a week's holiday so I won't
be able to look into the problem until I get back.

Andrew