[OzTeX] BibTex

Dr. Neil Gunther njgunther at perfdynamics.com
Wed Feb 16 23:15:28 CET 2005

On 02/16/05 01:58 PM, andrew at trevorrow.com wrote:

>> Is there any version of BibTex for OzTeX on OSX in sight?
>
> Nope -- I decided not to re-invent the wheel.  If you install teTeX then
> you can use the "bibtex foo.aux" item in OzTeX's Tools menu.  Note that
> the "BibTeX foo.aux" item lower down in the menu calls the Classic app.
> Ditto for the makeindex and MakeIndex items.
>
> Using the teTeX bibtex/makeindex commands is more convenient (their
> output appears in the OzTeX window) and they run faster than the
> Classic apps.

Here, here!

On a similar note, is there a way to tell 'pdflatex' to operate on another
file, different from the one already displayed in the Tools menu item
(without invoking TeX first)?

I seem to recall that on first invocation, it brings up a dialog box to
select the .tex file. But for all following invocations the first .tex file
selection now appears as an argument in the Tools menu item.

If not, it would be nice to somehow get 'pdflatex' (or any other tex
variants running under OSX) registered as a TeX menu item.

--njg

PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS COMPANY(sm)              http://www.perfdynamics.com/

Consulting Services                           Educational Services
4061 East Castro Valley Blvd.                 P.O. Box 1238, Magalia
Suite 110, Castro Valley                      California 95954, USA
California 94552, USA                         Bookings and registrations
FON: +1-510-537-5758                          FON: +1-530-873-0575
FAX: Dial FON (Handshakes automagically)      FAX: +1-530-873-6697
NET: info at perfdynamics.com                    NET: classes at perfdynamics.com