[OzTeX] Adding bibtex footbib command to menu (was: Using fink installed TeX packages)

Michael Kluskens michael.kluskens at nrl.navy.mil
Thu Dec 1 15:05:17 CET 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 11:36 AM, Andrew said:

>> Also, I'm using the footbib package and find that I have to go to
>> the terminal to use BibTeX because I have to bibtex
>> filename.fb.aux.  Any chance of some type of extension to the
>> OzTeX menu or is that a feature I missed.
>
> Try this in your Local file:
>
> extra_tools = $c "unix,bibtex %b.fb.aux,bibtex,tex,aux"
>
> This will replace the existing bibtex item in the Tools menu.

This would be bad, because I will need both.

> If you want a new, separate item then do something like this:
>
> extra_tools = $c "unix,bibtex %b.fb.aux,bibtex-footbib,tex,aux"

This works, it says "Calling Unix command: bibtex Multilayer.fb.aux"

> I thought teTeX's bibtex command required the file's basename
> (which is why %b is used above rather than %f), but maybe later
> versions have fixed that.

I believe that that has been fixed

extra_tools = $c "unix,bibtex %b.fb,bibtex-footbib,tex,aux

This is technically more correct and gives "Calling Unix command:
bibtex Multilayer.fb"

> Let us know which one works.
>
> Andrew

Thanks for your help.