[OzTeX] Wrong glyphs in dvi preview

John Rawnsley jhr at maths.warwick.ac.uk
Thu Dec 1 10:53:14 CET 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 00:50, Andrew Trevorrow wrote:
> The real problem is that OzTeX uses ancient QuickDraw calls to draw
> characters from outline fonts.  Apple have deprecated QD and are no
> longer willing to fix QD-related bugs, so we're stuck with these
> sort of problems until I switch to Apple's newer ATSUI font calls.
> That's quite a lot of work and I suspect it's never going to happen.

Too bad as I still like the level of control I get with OzTeX.

By switching to PK fonts for viewing and using the command line
dvips+ps2pdf for PDF generation and dvips+lpr for printing I can
still preview with bitmaps and print and generate PDFs with outline
fonts. It's a kludge but seems to work.

John

--
  John Rawnsley | www.maths.warwick.ac.uk/staff/jhr.html