[OzTeX] White letters in black boxes

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Thu Apr 14 13:06:21 CEST 2005

> Any ideas why I'm getting white letters in black boxes.
>
> Printing to a HP 4100TN printer through a Linux server.  Tried the 600 & 1200 standard load_config's.  Also tried manual setting to ljfive which I had used under 4.0.  They all give me white text in black boxes (this is with standard postscript off, with it on nothing gets to the printer, seems to be a problem with the server configuration, I don't have direct access to the printer).

This sounds like a bug in the CUPS driver for that particular printer.
Not much I can do about that I'm afraid.  Just a couple of suggestions:

Hunt around in Mac forums and trouble-shooting sites to see if there's
a newer driver you can download and install.

Or convert your dvi to pdf (install teTeX if necessary) and use some
other app to print the pdf file.

Andrew