[metapost] envelope

Daniel H. Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Fri Sep 16 19:56:21 CEST 2016

Nicola,

I should have added that there has been a long-standing bug in
 envelope  and the related  withpen  operator. A classical
example is
    path P;
    pen A;
    P:=(0,0){up}..(100,0){down}..cycle;
    A:=pensquare scaled 10;
    draw P withpen A;

That still seems to exhibit the bug (at least in metapost 1.9991 of TeX Live 2016).
Also, one needs to do
   fill (envelope A of P) .. (envelop A of reverse P)..cycle
to get the effect of
   draw P withpen A.

Cheers,

Daniel H. Luecking [luecking at uark.edu]