[metapost] metapost tfm bug with mfplain

Karel horakk at math.cas.cz
Mon Aug 17 13:27:02 CEST 2015

Recently I have found some bug when using metapost with old mf files: in
one case I have get incorrect tfm metrics when compiling with mpost
-mem=mfplain option.
To make things easier, I changed all the graphics into trivial
rectangles, the incorrect dimensions are still there in case of chars 44
and 45 (octal 36 and 37). The height of these two characters is much
smaller than their width but should be higher!
I am adding the source file uceb.mf, the resulting uceb.tfm and the
corresponding u.pl
(resulting from tftopl uceb u).
I used the latest binaries for win64 (metapost 1.999).
Thanks for investigation!
Karel Horak