[metapost] MetaPost 1.999 announcement

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Apr 9 12:12:51 CEST 2014

I am happy to announce a new (and my final) release of MetaPost:

MetaPost 1.999

This is the pre-release for Metapost 2.000. The only functional
difference between this version and 1.901 is the addition of the
'binary' numbersystem.

This version will *not* be included in TL2014, for two reasons:

* integration of the required GMP & MPFR libraries into the texlive
   build system is not trivial, and is better postponed until after
   the current TL release.

* Not a lot of testing has been done yet.

A source archive can be downloaded from the files section at

https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/metapost/

You can also do an anonymous subversion checkout:

$ svn checkout --username anonsvn
https://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/metapost/tags/1.999

The password is anonsvn

What is new in MetaPost version 1.999:

* The numbersystem 'binary' is now operational.

For the last time from me:

Have fun!

Taco Hoekwater, for the MetaPost team, April 9, 2014