[metapost] Metapost btex etex problem

"Rothfuß, Ralf" Ralf.Rothfuss at hs-esslingen.de
Wed Jul 31 12:34:14 CEST 2013

Hello,

thank you both for your answers.

Akira-san: Do you use Windows 8 or another version? Are you using TeX-Live 2013?

As far as I understand using "mpost mpsimple.mp" metapost extracts the content between btex and etex (.i.e. $A$), writes it into a file mpaxxxxx.tex and invokes the tex compiler specified either by "%$latex", "-tex=latex" or the Environment variable TEX.

Obviously my installation fails while generating the dvi, whereas yours does not. Could it be a problem of the fmt.file latex is using?

 If I invoke etex --parse-first-line from the command line, everything is fine. However, if latex is invoked by metapost it fails. How can I find out whicht fmt-file is used when latex is invoked?

In my installation I have a lot of format files in texlive\2013\texmf-var\pdftex (including latex.fmt) whereas there is only tex.fmt in texlive\2013\texmf-var\tex.

Thank you very much for your effort.

Best regards
Ralf