[metapost] intersectiontimes peculiarity

Boguslaw Jackowski jacko at bop.com.pl
Wed Apr 24 12:47:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

needless to say, the subject has appeared a few times on MP list. :-)

Attached is my proposal of finding all intersections (the time-order is
forced by applying the quicksort method).

One must remember that in discrete geometry one cannot robustly tell
tangent or almost tangent curves from intersecting ones. Given this
reservation, the algorithm works quite nicely -- we use it in our engines
generating fonts for many years.

Cheers -- Jacko

--
BOP s. c.
ul. Bora-Komorowskiego 24, 80-377 Gdansk, Poland