[metapost] EPS

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon May 7 15:34:52 CEST 2012

On 05/06/2012 09:01 PM, Peter Frane wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am writing a lightweight PostScript (PS) interpreter for use with my
> LaTeX DVI converter. I'm not familiar with MetaPost (MP) but from what I
> know it can output EPS. What I want to know is where can I get a
> documentation on the EPS output of MP? What are the PS operators used by MP?

Quickest solution is to run a file with:   procset := 1;

This will create an EPS with a small ps procset at the top that it
should be easy to extract the used operators from (excluding any
operators that could appear in font encodings). Metapost does not
use a lot of PS operators.

There is no formal documentation, but the CWeb source file that takes
care of EPS output:

http://foundry.supelec.fr/gf/project/metapost/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftags%2Fbeta-1.504%2Fsource%2Ftexk%2Fweb2c%2Fmplibdir%2Fpsout.w&view=markup

is not exceptionally large (much of the file is used for font
subsetting).

Best wishes,
Taco